Monday, December 11, 2006

About me

Warm Greeting from Cambodia

I am Chhay Sophal, one of the 1975-79 Khmer Rouge “killing fields” survivors. I am now a journalist. I have been in the career for more than 10 years. During my work as a reporter of Reuters News Agency in Phnom Penh for seven years (1995-2002) and editor-in-chief of a local weekly newspaper for about 4 years (2003-Present), I have met a lot of both best and worst experiences in my least developed nation, in Southeast Asia. I am a general-news journalist or convergent journalist if I could say. I am also one of the nine Board Members of Club of Cambodian Journalists (CCJ), the country's leading group of journalists. CCJ was established in 2000 and it has supported by Konrad Adenauer Foundation. In recent years, I have written many articles about HIV/AIDS and I am happy to do it. I am also a part-time journalism lecturer at the Department of Media & Communication of the Royal University of Phnom Penh. My hobbies: Boxing, soccer and jokes. I don’t smoke but enjoy a bit drinking with friends. My photo showned was taken in Rome, Italy, in October 2006.
Please contact me by Email: chhaysophal@yahoo.com and Tel: 855 12 904 894
Tel/Fax: 855 23 884 094

No comments: